Friday, December 12, 2025

New York City H.O.U.S.I.N.G

I lived in Brooklyn, New York all my life in a H.O.U.S.I.N.G apartment in the projects and I hate it already, why?, because I'm sick of the ghetto. I could be a little bit prejudice and I hate ghetto people, its disturbing. I remember being a bit ghetto when I was younger in my teen years but I grew up and I am no longer like that no more, thank God. But their are people who seem that cant grow out of that stage. What disturbs me is the gangs, graffiti, the dirty streets, even the buildings, this is another thing that depresses me, I want to leave and move out but how can I with a 401k plan I have for myself, apartments like Section 8 and Co-Opt are way too expensive and now you need gain credit to have such place. President Donald Trump wants to raise minimum wage in New York City to $25 dollars an hour but that's just going to inflate the economy, the price of food, clothing, the rent will go up and the more taxes will be taking away from my check, why cant President Donald Trump say that he going to raise minimum wage but also not take away more taxes, not raise rent or inflate the city. 

Another thing is why would I want to move from H.O.U.S.I.N.G to another H.O.U.S.I.N.G apartments, from one ghetto to another ghetto, for that I support my mom and help her pay the bills where I'm at. I don't want to leave my mom in the projects, I would love her to move with me out of the ghetto if I could. This is why college is important and having a High School Diploma, I was lucky to graduate High School, this gives me the chance to go to college with Financial Aid but I think Financial Aid has its limit for everyone because then you have to pay for college yourself. 

My financial depression is that I wish I could have had finish college but I was flunking school, I could only try to redeem myself and go back to college within my 401k plan. I would love to move to a HOUSE somewhere away from this depression I'm in, the ghetto. But making $20,000 a year after taxes isn't enough not even for a nice apartment that is nothing like H.O.U.S.I.N.G in New York City. 


                                                                                                        Israel Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment